Instructions for Mining on Windows 10 (x64)

[Link to instructions for Mac]

Your computer must have at least 4GB of main memory (RAM) and the operating system must be 64-bit. If your computer does not meet these requirements, consider getting a VPS (virtual private server) for mining. [ :computer: Here is a recommended VPS service.]

It might also work for Windows 7 (x64), but no tested.

1. Download STHCOIN wallet

Download from https://github.com/sthc/sthcoin/releases/download/v0.17.1.1/sthcoin-0.17.1.1-win64-setup.exe.

2. Double-click the downloaded wallet and install it.

Just use the default settings. Nothing needs to be changed during installation.

3. Run the wallet and wait for the synchronization to complete.

It will take a couple hours to synchronize for the first run. Afterwards, it will start much faster.

4. Open a command line window.

Open the Start menu of Windows and then type “cmd” into the search box. Click Command Prompt that shows up to open a command line window.

5. Run the mining command.

Click the command line window, type the following command (as one single line) then press the Enter Key. When typing, replace “xxx” with the number of blocks you would like to mine.

"C:\Program Files\Sthcoin\daemon\sthcoin-cli.exe" -rpcport=8332 -rpcuser=sthcoinuser -rpcpassword=sthcoinpassword -rpcclienttimeout=2000000000 generate xxx 2000000000

• The command has no output until a block is mined. You have to be patient.
    • Every time a block is mined successfully, a hash value will be displayed in the command line window, such as [“0000addf16c5fbf022f947c8c180d4498816475227082a2c7e778f7b1 dedb43d”]
    • The more miners out there, the longer it takes to mine a block. If there are N miners, the average time to mine a block successfully is 2N minutes. Again, please use patience.
    • If you want to mine with more than one thread (if you know what that is), open more command line windows and run the above command in each window. (Note: Don’t overdo it or your computer will stop responding.)
  6. Repeat Step 5 if the mining command ends.

That’s it! Enjoy mining!

The following step is OPTIONAL. It can speed up synchronization and should be done after Step 2 and before Step 3. However, if you have trouble doing it, skip this.

Download the zipped data file from https://github.com/sthc/sthcoin/releases/download/v0.17.1.1/blockchain-data.235131.zip and unzip it to

C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Sthcoin
2 Likes

Jak powinien dokladnie wyglądać plik konfiguracyjny. Nie mogę uruchomić wydobywania w windows 10

Download the configuration file from
https://github.com/sthc/sthcoin/raw/master/share/examples/sthcoin.conf

coś musze w nim zmieniać

You need to be an expert if you want to edit it.

pytałem czy musze w nim podawac jakies swoje dane czy po prostu jest juz gotowy do uzycia

It is ready for use. No need to modify.

nie laczy sie z serwerem

Probably has something to do with your networks.

czy nie muszę podać adresu portfela w pliku configuracyjnym

czy uruchomiony wiersz polecen ma pokzaywac tylko samo polecenie wydobycia az do momentu kiedy znajdę blok

Please do not edit the configuration file unless you are an expert.

The command will not display anything until a block is mined.

Na jaką wartość w portfelu powinien być ustawiony wydobywanie wątków skryptu. Domyślnie jest 0

There is no need to change it.

Ok. Zmiana daje więcej wydobytych bloków?

That is enough for normal computers unless you have a super power server.

To mine more you can open multiple command line windows and run the mining command in each.

Jak uzyskać klucze do przesłania sthcoin ze strony

You have the keys when you registered. They were also sent to your email. If you lose the keys, nobody can recover them.